Nilsa discusses Social Security retirement benefits, planning for your financial future by using the Social Security Administration's online tools and creating your personal mySocial Security account.
You will learn:
- Things to consider when you are thinking of retiring like:
- Deciding what is the ‘right’ age to retire
- How working after retirement can affect benefits
- Online Retirement Estimator
- How to apply online for benefits
- How to plan for your financial future by registering for your mySocial Security account, and
- Visiting www.socialsecurity.gov for the most up-to-date information.
About Nilsa Henriquez:
Nilsa is a Social Security Public Affairs Specialist. She is responsible for community outreach in NY, and has been with Social Security for over thirteen years.