Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Savvy Ladies, our goal is to listen and learn what it truly means to build and nurture a place of genuine inclusion and belonging and to use what we’ve learned to move forward in a meaningful way.
Savvy Ladies is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming organization where everyone feels they belong. Savvy Ladies is a place where all employees, volunteers, donors, supporters, allies, and board members feel valued and respected whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or ability.
Savvy Ladies practices a nondiscriminatory approach and provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our business and volunteer areas, programs, and workspaces, both hybrid, virtual, and in person. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. Savvy Ladies is dedicated to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Savvy Ladies leadership holds itself to the following standards:
- We see diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as linked to our mission and critical to ensuring our team’s well-being and the advancement of the communities we serve.
- We continuously review, correct and report any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services.
- We explore underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- We support board-level evaluation of how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work and how best to address such inequities in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- We challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- We practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- We commit time and resources to create more diverse leadership within our board, staff, committee, and advisory bodies.
- We lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this philosophy and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
Savvy Ladies abides by the following guidelines to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- We pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- We improve our cultural leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of American society.
- We pool resources and expand offerings for underrepresented constituents by connecting with other organizations committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We develop and present sessions on diversity, equity, and inclusion to provide information and resources internally, to members, the community, and the financial industry.
- We are more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluating process; we train our team on equitable practices.