In this 2-part virtual educational session, finance and real estate experts Kristen Bonnier and Ashesh Shah, CFP®, discuss how to use the equity of your home for investing, as well as how to access those funds. What you’ll learn:
- What is a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)?
- Benefits and drawbacks of HELOCs
- Cash out refinance, and its pros and cons
- Using home equity for debt consolidation
- What is Prime Rate?
- How are HELOC rates calculated?
- Most common uses of HELOCs
- Uses of cash out refinances
- Investment properties & types of financing for them
Watch Real Estate as an Investment Parts 1 & 2 below!
These sessions were originally hosted in March 2022.
About the speakers
Kristen Bonnier is a Mortgage Loan Originator, NMLS#976405. She has been doing home loans for 9 years and loves helping home buyers and refinancers of all kinds. She specializes in residential home loans, whether that be buying a home, or refinancing an existing mortgage. She can also help with debt consolidation and credit.
Ashesh Shah, CFP® is a Bank Manager at PNC Bank, with 23 years of experience supporting people in communities with various financial needs. He is very well-versed in general banking services (Consumer & Business), Debt management, and Credit analysis. His extensive financial knowledge along with financial literacy workshops have helped many people in budgeting and education planning