Looking to become a homeowner? In this 2-part webinar, mortgage consultant Deborah Cady and financial advisor Laurie Itkin, CDFA, help you get your finances ready to buy a house. This webinar is for anyone looking to purchase a home on their own, whether you are buying your first home, or doing so after a big life transition like divorce or the loss of a spouse. You’ll learn about:
- The financial pros and cons of owning a home
- What you need to qualify for a mortgage
- How to improve your credit score
- Types of mortgages (and how to choose the right one for you)
- Common mistakes when applying for a mortgage
- Options for obtaining a mortgage
- Creative ways to qualify for a mortgage
- Tips for refinancing before or during divorce
- Case studies
Watch How to Get in Financial Shape for a Mortgage Parts 1 & 2 below!
These sessions were originally hosted in February and March 2022.
About the speakers
Debbie Cady is a Team Sales Manager with Caliber Home Loans. With more than 36 years of experience in the mortgage industry, Debbie has established a reputation for structuring complex transactions & guiding her clients through the entire loan process.
Laurie Itkin is a financial advisor, wealth manager, and certified divorce financial analyst (CDFA). She serves on the national board of directors for the Association of Divorce Financial Planners. She is also the author of the Amazon best-seller, Every Woman Should Know Her Options: Invest Your Way to Financial Empowerment. Investopedia named Ms. Itkin one of the top 100 most influential financial advisors in the country.