by Stacy Francis, CFP®, CDFA
Maybe you have a date with that special someone on Valentine’s Day or a romantic dinner with your significant other. Whatever the situation, below are some ideas for a great cheap date with your honey that will save you lots of cash without skimping on the romance.
- Eat a simple, nutritious dinner at home, and then go out for a truly decadent dessert.
- Pick wildflowers together.
- Go for a bike ride, hike, or run together.
- Pack a picnic lunch and go to the park or the zoo.
- Take a class together in something fun and creative: glass blowing, pottery, drawing, creative writing, or photography.
- Browse in a bookstore together.
- Attend a local high school or college sports game.
- Take a road trip to a nearby town, or even another neighborhood in your own city. Stroll around, talk with locals, have a drink at a local café.
- Read aloud to each other from a favorite novel, poem or short story.
- Attend a theater performance by your local college or community group.
- Go to a flea market or garage sale.
- Attend a local lecture on a subject of interest to both of you.
- Send the kids out to someone else's house and stay in and cook together.
- Visit a museum on a free or pay-what-you-wish day.
- Have a water balloon fight in the park. Or play on the swings.
You might also want to check out NYC on the cheap and healthy.